Canadiens call up Yannick Weber
Weber, 22, was off to a torrid start in the AHL, with eight goals and four assists in 15 games.
The Canadiens lost star defenseman Andrei Markov long-term to a right knee injury, and Weber can help on the power play.
Pierre LeBrun is an NHL writer for ESPN.com.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
- Reimer agrees to two-year deal with Leafs
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Montreal Canadiens Classic Keychain