Craig Anderson comes off IR
Anderson made 25 saves to help the Avs beat the Rangers 5-1. He had been on injured reserve since getting hurt during pregame warmups Oct. 26 in Vancouver.
He hadn't felt the need to rush back, given the way Peter Budaj has been playing. Budaj went 6-3-1 with a 2.62 goals-against average while filling in for Anderson.
To make room for Anderson on the roster, the Avalanche reassigned goalie John Grahame to Lake Erie of the American Hockey League.
Colorado plays again Saturday night in Dallas, and coach Joe Sacco said he would make his decision on who would be in goal for that game after watching Anderson's performance against the Rangers.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Avs goalie Varlamov has charges dropped
- Rinne's recovery from hip infection delayed
- Coyotes' Doan finally able to identify illness
- Jackets activate Gaborik, Wisniewski off IR
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN NEW YORK
- Antigua Men's Colorado Avalanche Black Traverse Fleece Jacket