Source: Marco Sturm talks stirring again
"Something could happen this weekend," the source told ESPN.com Saturday morning.
Another source said the deal could be "done [Saturday], subject to a medical [exam]."
Sturm was nearly traded to Los Angeles last week, but the trade fizzled, with a separate source telling ESPN.com that the Kings had believed he was closer to returning from knee surgery than he was.
Sturm has been recovering from a torn MCL and ACL, suffered in May in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals. He has not been in the lineup since.
Pierre LeBrun covers the NHL for ESPN.com.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Avs goalie Varlamov has charges dropped
- Sharks star rookie Hertl likely out a month
- Gaborik breaks collarbone in 1st game back
- Predators rookie Jones hit in face with puck
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN BOSTON
MORE FROM ESPN LOS ANGELES
- Antigua Men's Boston Bruins Black Traverse Fleece Jacket