Kyle Quincey to have shoulder surgery
No date has been set yet for the procedure, the team announced Sunday night before a game with Montreal.
Team physician Andrew Parker said having surgery now on the shoulder was the "best course of action for Kyle and his future."
Quincey has been sidelined since hurting the shoulder Dec. 11 in Washington. He missed five games earlier in the season because of a concussion. In 21 games this season, Quincey has one assist.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
- Paille to miss two games due to concussion
- Kings F Nolan suspended 1 game for punch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Colorado Avalanche Burgundy Signature Full-Zip Fleece Hoodie