Jordin Tootoo joins NHL abuse program
The league announced Tootoo's move Monday afternoon in a release. Tootoo's care will be monitored by doctors from both the NHL and the NHLPA.
Tootoo will be paid his full salary, and the NHL says in a statement he will face no penalty as long as he complies with his treatment and the followup care program.
He has 10 points through 32 games and a team-high 47 penalty minutes.
"We offer Jordin the full support of his teammates, coaches and the organization," Predators general manager David Poile said in a statement. "There is no timetable for his return, and we will have no further comment at this time."
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
- Paille to miss two games due to concussion
- Kings F Nolan suspended 1 game for punch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Nashville Predators Shea Weber #6 Home Gold Premier Jersey