Alex Edler sidelined by balky back
Edler, who normally plays on Vancouver's top pairing with Christian Ehrhoff, leads the defense with eight goals and 32 points in 49 games. He was injured Monday a 7-1 win over Dallas but finished the game, recording two assists to give him six points in his last four contests.
The Canucks have been without defensemen Andrew Alberts (shoulder) and Aaron Rome (knee) since mid-January. Lee Sweatt, a 25-year-old who played three seasons in Europe before signing with Vancouver last summer, made his NHL debut against the Predators three days after being called up from the AHL, and fellow rookie Chris Tanev, played just his fifth NHL game.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Kunitz, Crosby lead Pens to 6th straight win
- Kings' Jones keeps win streak going vs. Sharks
- Miller lifts Sabres to rare 2-game win streak
- Flyers stun Jackets on Giroux's 2 late goals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Vancouver Canucks Roberto Luongo Bracelet