Ryan O'Reilly to miss 6th straight
DENVER -- Colorado forward Ryan O'Reilly will miss his sixth straight game with a shoulder injury when the Avalanche host Minnesota Thursday night.
Avalanche coach Joe Sacco said after the morning skate that he's "hopeful" O'Reilly will be ready soon, but he won't be available against the Wild.
O'Reilly has been out since crashing into the boards headfirst Jan. 14 at Minnesota.
Peter Forsberg participated in the morning skate as he considers a comeback. He's been testing his fitness and the strength of his chronically injured right foot to see if he can return.
Forsberg had a solid skate Thursday. He had sounded a bit discouraged Wednesday following an intense workout.
As for a return, Sacco said: "Peter's the only one that's going to be able to tell us really how he feels."
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Rangers win 8th straight; top 3-coach Devils
- Devils GM Lamoriello to help behind bench
- Devils' Elias, Ryder diagnosed with mumps
- Kings rely on dominant defense to top Sharks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Colorado Avalanche 2014 Nhl Stanley Cup Playoffs One Goal T-shirt