Peter Forsberg's return still on hold
Forsberg was not with the team in Minnesota for Wednesday's game against the Wild, but the Avalanche anticipate he'll be able to play later this week.
Avalanche coach Joe Sacco says the 37-year-old center is in Canada clearing up logistical issues related to his visa. Sacco says he expects Forsberg to join the team by the end of the current road trip, which wraps up in Columbus on Friday and Nashville on Saturday.
Forsberg signed with the team Sunday for the remainder of the season. He's returning to the NHL after a three-year hiatus because of numerous foot injuries. The former league MVP had been playing in his native Sweden.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- GM: Tortorella talk 'rumor and speculation'
- Stars 'keep rolling,' outlast NHL-best Blues
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- Fleury blanks Capitals as Penguins sweep
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Colorado Avalanche Leader Burgundy Quarter-Zip Pullover Jacket