Terry Pegula to close purchase Tuesday
Incoming Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula will officially close on his purchase of the team from Tom Golisano and meet with the media on Tuesday, the team announced.
Pegula, who is buying the Sabres from Golisano for $189 million, and NHL commissioner Gary Bettman will hold a news conference at 11 a.m. ET on Tuesday at HSBC Arena, the team said.
The NHL's Board of Governors reportedly approved the sale on Friday.
Golisano agreed to sell the franchise to Pegula earlier this month, ending about three months of negotiations.
Pegula was scheduled to inspect and tour HSBC Arena on Monday.
Pegula made his fortune in the natural gas industry.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks beat Kings after tying goal waived off
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Buffalo Sabres Katy Crew Sweatshirt