Erik Johnson wants Blues to regret deal
ST. LOUIS -- Just four days after Erik Johnson was traded away by the Blues, the star defenseman returned to St. Louis intent on proving they made a mistake in letting him go.
Johnson was in the Colorado Avalanche starting lineup Tuesday night against the Blues, who chose him with the No. 1 overall pick in 2006.
"I want them to regret trading Erik Johnson," he said. "There's no doubt about that, and I say that with the utmost respect. I want [general manager] Doug Armstrong to regret the trade."
Johnson and McClement drew a loud ovation from the sellout crowd when their names were announced as starters before the game.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
- Read, Flyers shut out short-handed Penguins
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Colorado Avalanche Pepsi Center Signature Rink Photo