Thomas Vanek to miss game due to flu
"Thomas has got the flu pretty bad," Sabres coach Lindy Ruff told the Buffalo News after Tuesday's morning skate. "He hasn't left the hotel yet. No chance."
Vanek is leading the team with 55 points (23 goals, 32 assists) in 65 games.
Buffalo is trying to hold onto the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference with just a one-point advantage over ninth-place Carolina.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Blue Jackets give Dubinsky 6-year extension
- Coyotes ink forward Moss to one-year deal
- Twin $84M Blackhawks deals for Kane, Toews
- Schneider signs multiyear deal with Devils
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Pittsburgh Penguins Marc-Andre Fleury Bracelet