Thomas Vanek to miss game due to flu
"Thomas has got the flu pretty bad," Sabres coach Lindy Ruff told the Buffalo News after Tuesday's morning skate. "He hasn't left the hotel yet. No chance."
Vanek is leading the team with 55 points (23 goals, 32 assists) in 65 games.
Buffalo is trying to hold onto the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference with just a one-point advantage over ninth-place Carolina.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Kunitz, Crosby lead Pens to 6th straight win
- Kings' Jones keeps win streak going vs. Sharks
- Miller lifts Sabres to rare 2-game win streak
- Flyers stun Jackets on Giroux's 2 late goals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Women's Buffalos Sabres Navy Fan Diva Long Sleeve Jersey