Todd Bertuzzi ejected for head shot
Bertuzzi hit Blackhawks forward Ryan Johnson in the head 5:17 into Monday night's game.
Johnson went down to his knees and gloves for a while before slowly getting up. He went off the ice and toward the dressing room, but played later in the first period.
Bertuzzi was ejected for a check that might've gone unpunished before the NHL started to crack down on such high hits.
Matt Cooke of the Pittsburgh Penguins was suspended for the last 10 games of the regular season and the first round of the playoffs for elbowing defenseman Ryan McDonagh of the New York Rangers in the head.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Detroit Red Wings Todd Bertuzzi #44 Player Replica Red T-Shirt