Stephane Da Costa signs deal
OTTAWA -- The Ottawa Senators have landed highly coveted NCAA prospect Stephane Da Costa.
The free-agent forward signed a two-year, entry-level contract with Ottawa Thursday.
A number of NHL teams expressed interest in Da Costa, who had 30 goals and 90 points in 67 games in two seasons with Merrimack College.
Da Costa is a native of Paris, and he's the first Frenchman to sign with the Senators.
The 21-year-old represented his country at last year's world championships.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Vanek helping authorities in federal probe
- Leafs hire analytics guru Dubas as asst. GM
- Stars agree to four-year deal with Roussel
- Ducks bring back Vatanen on 2-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Ottawa Senators Two Piece Heavy Duty Vinyl Car Mat Set