Tim Thomas among Vezina finalists
Thomas rebounded from offseason hip surgery, and the 2009 Vezina winner was 35-11-9, with a league-record .938 save percentage and league-leading 2.00 goals-against average. He had nine shutouts.
Thomas acknowledged the nomination, but kept his comments pretty brief.
"I'm very happy to hear that, obviously," Thomas said. "After last year, wasn't quite sure if I'd ever hear that again. So, obviously I'm very happy."
Rinne was third (2.12 GAA) and second (.930 save percentage) overall.
Luongo posted a 38-15-7 record and helped the Canucks reach a franchise-best 54-19-9 record and the Presidents' Trophy.
The winner will be announced at the NHL awards ceremony June 22 in Las Vegas.
Information from ESPNBoston.com's Brendan Hall and The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
- Read, Flyers shut out short-handed Penguins
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Nashville Predators Pekka Rinne #35 Player Replica Gold T-Shirt