Donald Brashear to try MMA
TORONTO -- No stranger to fighting, former NHL enforcer Donald Brashear is looking to mixed martial arts.
A spokeswoman for promoter Ringside MMA says Brashear has a deal to try cage-fighting.
The 39-year-old Brashear still has to pass a medical exam and get a license to fight from Quebec authorities. The plan is for Brashear to fight on the Ringside 11 card June 4 at the Quebec Coliseum.
The 6-foot-3, 237-pound Brashear collected 2,634 penalty minutes in 1,025 NHL games from 1993-2010. He had 85 goals and 120 assists.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ovechkin nets 4 to key Caps to SO victory
- Rangers' Callahan (knee) to miss 4-6 weeks
- Bruins prevail in Iginla's return to Calgary
- Bettman: Players learning how to hit safely
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN NEW YORK
- Reebok Men's Montreal Canadiens Authentic Team Red T-Shirt