Winnipeg team sells over 4,000 tickets
WINNIPEG, Manitoba -- The owners of Winnipeg's new NHL team say they have sold more than 4,000 season tickets in just over a day.
The as-yet unnamed team hopes to sell 13,000 season tickets before the meeting of the NHL's board of governors on June 21, when the sale of the Atlanta Thrashers and the club's relocation is expected to be approved.
As of Thursday afternoon, 4,170 season tickets have been sold, according to the team's website. Currently, only season ticket holders for the AHL Manitoba Moose have the opportunity to buy between four and eight seats. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Saturday.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Neal banned five for intentional knee
- Penguins place Orpik on IR with concussion
- Hawks G Crawford injured against Panthers
- Flyers' Lecavalier (back) could miss month
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Winnipeg Jets Navy Dream T-Shirt