Avalanche to honor Peter Forsberg
Forsberg, the fourth player in Avalanche history and eighth in franchise history to have his number retired, will be honored on Oct. 8 before the team's season opener against the Detroit Red Wings.
Raymond Bourque (77), Patrick Roy (33) and Joe Sakic (19) are the other Avalanche players to have their numbers retired. As the Quebec Nordiques, the team retired the numbers of Peter Stastny (26), Michel Goulet (16), Marc Tardif (8) and J.C. Tremblay (3).
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'keep rolling,' outlast NHL-best Blues
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- Fleury blanks Capitals as Penguins sweep
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- G-III Women's Colorado Avalanche Alma Mater Grey Hoodie