Wings' Chelios in for scratched Rafalski
Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said Friday night Rafalski is day to day.
Rafalski helped Detroit win the Stanley Cup last season after he captured titles with the New Jersey Devils in 2000 and 2003.
Chelios, who got into 28 regular-season games, made his playoff debut after being out of the lineup since April 12. After being a healthy scratch in Detroit's first-round sweep of Columbus, Chelios extended his NHL record by playing in his 261st postseason game.
Rafalski had 59 points during the season, tying Nicklas Lidstrom for the most by a Red Wings defenseman. He had a goal and two assists in the first round.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Kunitz, Crosby lead Pens to 6th straight win
- Kings' Jones keeps win streak going vs. Sharks
- Miller lifts Sabres to rare 2-game win streak
- Flyers stun Jackets on Giroux's 2 late goals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Detroit Red Wings Red Succeed Quarter-Zip Jersey Fleece Pullover