Chelios to replace Rafalski
Babcock ruled Rafalski out with an upper-body injury on Saturday, a day after he missed Detroit's 3-2 win in Game 1.
The Red Wings plan to replace Rafalski with 47-year-old Chris Chelios, as they did in the opener of the Western Conference semifinal.
Rafalski helped Detroit win the Stanley Cup last season after he captured titles with the New Jersey Devils in 2000 and 2003. He had 59 points during the season, tying Nicklas Lidstrom for the most by a Red Wings defenseman.
Rafalski had a goal and two assists in the first round against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'keep rolling,' outlast NHL-best Blues
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- Fleury blanks Capitals as Penguins sweep
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Youth Anaheim Ducks 2014 NHL Stadium Series Premier Jersey