Bruins' Ward may have broken bone
Stanley Cup Playoffs Blog
Check out the latest updates and analysis from the 2009 Stanley Cup playoffs as our NHL crew weighs in:
• 2009 Playoffs blog
Bruins coach Claude Julien said the play is "not something they should be proud of." He also suggested that the NHL take a look at the play that occurred late in Boston's 4-0 victory over the Hurricanes in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinal series.
Ward left the game with 2:47 remaining after Walker punched him in the face. Walker was given a misconduct, a fighting major and an instigator penalty.
Hurricanes coach Paul Maurice laughed off the incident, saying Walker might have sore knuckles. The coach also joked that Walker would have to sell his truck if there was a fine.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Avs goalie Varlamov has charges dropped
- Sharks star rookie Hertl likely out a month
- Gaborik breaks collarbone in 1st game back
- Predators rookie Jones hit in face with puck
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Boston Bruins Succeed Black/Gold Quarter-Zip Pullover Jacket