Rafalski could play in Game 6
Stanley Cup Playoffs Blog
Check out the latest updates and analysis from the 2009 Stanley Cup playoffs as our NHL crew weighs in:
• 2009 Playoffs blog
Rafalski practiced with the Red Wings on Monday after skating on Sunday. He has been sidelined throughout the second-round series -- which Detroit leads 3-2 -- with an upper-body injury.
"Obviously if the coaches and myself feel I can contribute in any way, there's a good chance I'll play," Rafalski said after the Red Wings' 30-minute practice.
While Rafalski may be returning, Red Wings coach Mike Babcock indicated that center Kris Draper, who has missed the series with an upper-body injury, will not be available for Game 6.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ovechkin nets 4 to key Caps to SO victory
- Rangers' Callahan (knee) to miss 4-6 weeks
- Bruins prevail in Iginla's return to Calgary
- Bettman: Players learning how to hit safely
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's Detroit Red Wings 2014 NHL Winter Classic Premier Logo T-Shirt