Cole skates; Ruutu doesn't practice
Stanley Cup Playoffs Blog
Check out the latest updates and analysis from the 2009 Stanley Cup playoffs as our NHL crew weighs in:
• 2009 Playoffs blog
The day before, the Hurricanes weren't optimistic Cole would play because of a left knee injury. Cole was struck by Penguins forward Matt Cooke's right knee as both players skated across the slot late in the third period of Pittsburgh's 3-2 victory in Game 1 on Monday.
Hurricanes forward Tuomo Ruutu, whose right ankle was injured during a hit by Penguins defenseman Mark Eaton in the first period, was held out of the practice. He is not expected to play. The Hurricanes are hopeful of getting Ruutu back for Game 3 in Raleigh on Saturday.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley out for season after collapse
- GM: Tortorella talk 'rumor and speculation'
- Backlund, Flames bombard struggling Ducks
- Canucks win SO; Kesler hurt, out 'a while'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Carolina Hurricanes Rink Runner Floor Mat