Wings' Datsyuk doesn't skate; status iffy
CHICAGO -- Hart Trophy candidate Pavel Datsyuk is a question mark for Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals Friday.
Stanley Cup Playoffs Blog
Check out the latest updates and analysis from the 2009 Stanley Cup playoffs as our NHL crew weighs in:
• 2009 Playoffs blog
Datsyuk didn't practice Thursday.
Detroit Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock said Thursday that the star center was day to day.
"At this time of year there's lots of players that don't skate," Babcock said. "He got hit with a shot last game in the foot. I don't think we're hiding anything there. Something [similar] happened to [Jonathan] Ericsson last series and he was able to find a way to play. They had to freeze him up to get him going. So we'll see what happens here. The good thing about it is that coaches don't make those decisions, doctors do."
Pierre LeBrun covers the NHL for ESPN.com.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- Bruins win 7th straight for top spot in East
- Marleau, Pavelski power Sharks to SO win
- Blues stay on top with 3rd-period barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Chicago Blackhawks Vintage Tek Patch Heathered Charcoal T-Shirt