Stanley Cup finals ratings increase
NEW YORK -- Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals has earned the series' highest cable television rating since 2002.
The network said Wednesday that the rating was up 37 percent from the average for the two games on Versus during last year's series. The channel aired Games 1 and 2 last year; this year it is showing Games 3 and 4 while the first two switched to NBC.
The 2.6 rating was the highest ever on Versus, beating a 2.1 for Lance Armstrong's final ride in 2005 and Game 5 of this year's Detroit-Chicago series.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Sens' Cowen docked 2 games for blow to head
- Lightning's Panik is suspended for 2 games
- Blackhawks chase Emery, rough up Flyers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Detroit Red Wings Red Mittens