Datsyuk out again
PITTSBURGH -- Red Wings star Pavel Datsyuk did not play in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals, missing his sixth straight game because of a foot injury.
The MVP finalist participated in the morning skate Thursday, then stayed on the ice afterward in an attempt to be ready to face the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Datsyuk said his status would be determined after the pregame skate and it looked as if he was getting ready to play, skating and stretching during warmups until there was 2:45 left on the pregame clock.
But Datsyuk was scratched from the lineup. When that was announced at Mellon Arena, Penguins fans cheered.
Datsyuk last played May 19, when he blocked a shot with his foot against the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 2 of the Western Conference finals.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
- Read, Flyers shut out short-handed Penguins
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Detroit Red Wings Pavel Datsyuk #13 Player Replica Red T-Shirt