Avs get Porter back vs. Heatley, Sharks
Heatley declared himself significantly better than Tuesday night, when he played at less than full strength due to an unspecified injury in a 2-1 San Jose win.
Heatley sat out a 1-0 overtime loss in Game 3 with the injury.
Meanwhile, Colorado center Kevin Porter returned to the Avalanche lineup for Game 5 on Thursday night.
Porter, who did not have a point in the first two games, missed Games 3 and 4 with an upper body injury.
Porter said he wanted to get back in there and make a difference in the series, which was tied 2-2.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley collapses, game postponed
- Crosby fuels early flurry as Pens clip Caps
- GMs debate OT rules, goalies, video replay
- Kings F Nolan suspended 1 game for punch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Penguins Survive
- The Capitals couldn't take advantage of a late power play and the Penguins won the first of back-to-back games against Washington.
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's Minnesota Wild Danny Heatley #15 Player Replica Red T-Shirt
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs