Canadiens pull Halak in second period
PHILADELPHIA -- The Montreal Canadiens have pulled Jaroslav Halak in the second period after the star goalie gave up four goals on 13 shots to the Philadelphia Flyers in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals.
Stanley Cup Playoffs
No. 7 vs. No. 8 in the Eastern Conference finals -- not exactly what everyone expected. Will the Flyers follow through on the preseason hype or will the Canadiens reach their first Stanley Cup final since 1993? Follow the matchup from Day 1 on ESPN.com. Series page
Halak was the biggest factor in the Canadiens' upset wins in the first two rounds against top-seeded Washington and defending Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh. But he didn't have it Sunday night.
Halak, replaced by Carey Price with 10:07 left in the second, entered this series with an NHL-best .933 save percentage in the playoffs and a 2.42 goals-against average.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Avs goalie Varlamov has charges dropped
- Capitals' Ovechkin scores 400th career goal
- Vanek lifts Islanders past slumping Rangers
- Rinne's recovery from hip infection delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Women's Montreal Candiens Marina Heathered Navy T-Shirt