Henrik Zetterberg practices, won't play
"He won't be available to us tonight," Wings coach Mike Babcock said after Monday's morning skate at Jobing.com Arena.
Babcock expects to use his Game 2 lineup for Game 3 on Monday night, with the Wings leading the best-of-seven Western Conference quarterfinal series 2-0.
Zetterberg "tweaked" his lower body injury a few days ago, Babcock said, but has felt a lot better over the last two practices.
"Eventually when he's ready he'll tell us,'' Babcock said.
On the Coyotes side, Ed Jovanovski will play Monday night.
"I'm good to go,'' the veteran defenseman said after Monday's morning skate.
Jovanovski left Game 2 on Saturday midway through the second period after taking a hit from Detroit center Darren Helm.
"Hey, nobody is 100 percent at this time of year, right?,'' said Jovanovski.
Coyotes coach Dave Tippett said Monday he expected to use the same lineup as Game 2, which means veteran defenseman Derek Morris will miss a third straight game with an upper body injury.
Pierre LeBrun covers the NHL for ESPN.com.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'keep rolling,' outlast NHL-best Blues
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- Fleury blanks Capitals as Penguins sweep
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Levelwear Youth Detroit Red Wings 2014 NHL Winter Classic Henrik Zetterberg #40 FX Highlight Reel T-Shirt