Max Pacioretty: Twitter joke 'didn't work'
2011 Stanley Cup playoffs
As the final 16 teams fight to raise Lord Stanley's Cup, get all of your scores and analysis for every matchup on ESPN.com. Complete coverage »
During Saturday night's double-overtime game between Boston and Montreal, Pacioretty posted, "this game is longer than marchands nose." Later, Pacioretty posted an apology, saying, "I was trying to to be funny earlier, and it didn't work. I apologize to marchand and won't try to be funny that way in the future."
Pacioretty has been out since sustaining a consussion and cracked vertebra on a hit by Boston defenseman Zdeno Chara.
Marchand scored a second-period goal in the game, which the Bruins won 2-1 to take a 3-2 lead in the best-of-seven series.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Jagr sets mark for game winners in victory
- Sutter SO goal lifts Penguins over Rangers
- Steen, Blues agree to 3-year, $17.4M extension
- Wild put Harding on IR to work on MS meds
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN BOSTON
- Antigua Men's Montreal Canadiens Red Viper Performance Jacket