Max Pacioretty: Twitter joke 'didn't work'
2011 Stanley Cup playoffs
As the final 16 teams fight to raise Lord Stanley's Cup, get all of your scores and analysis for every matchup on ESPN.com. Complete coverage »
During Saturday night's double-overtime game between Boston and Montreal, Pacioretty posted, "this game is longer than marchands nose." Later, Pacioretty posted an apology, saying, "I was trying to to be funny earlier, and it didn't work. I apologize to marchand and won't try to be funny that way in the future."
Pacioretty has been out since sustaining a consussion and cracked vertebra on a hit by Boston defenseman Zdeno Chara.
Marchand scored a second-period goal in the game, which the Bruins won 2-1 to take a 3-2 lead in the best-of-seven series.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Boston Bruins Zdeno Chara #33 Black Cyber Name and Number T-Shirt