Chris Pronger to miss Game 2
PHILADELPHIA -- Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger sat out Game 2 of the Eastern Conference semifinals against Boston with an undisclosed injury.
The Bruins held a 1-0 lead in the best-of-seven series entering Monday night's game.
Pronger missed games in Philadelphia's first-round series vs. Buffalo while he recovered from a broken right hand.
The former NHL MVP had hand surgery in March. He also missed time with a foot injury and was limited to just 50 games this season.
The Flyers sent out an injury report after Monday morning's pregame skate that stated Pronger was "OK."
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Women's Philadelphia Flyers Brink Of Victory Orange Fleece Sweatshirt