Mike Smith starts for Lightning
Dwayne Roloson was pulled with 2:04 left in the first period of Saturday's Game 4 after giving up three goals on nine shots. Smith came on in relief and didn't allow a goal as the Lightning came back to beat the Bruins 5-3. The best-of-seven series is tied at 2.
Signals had pointed to Roloson starting his 16th straight postseason contest; he was the first of the two Tampa netminders off the ice Monday, a general indicator of who starts.
Roloson was also pulled in Game 2 when the Bruins poured five goals past him in the second period en route to a 6-5 win, although those goals could hardly be blamed on the goaltending.
Smith has come on in relief twice and has yet to allow a Bruins goal in a little more than three periods of action.
Scott Burnside covers the NHL for ESPN.com.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Sens' Cowen docked 2 games for blow to head
- Lightning's Panik is suspended for 2 games
- Blackhawks chase Emery, rough up Flyers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN BOSTON
- Reebok Youth Tampa Bay Lightning Steven Stamkos #91 Home Blue Replica Jersey