Stanley Cup finals begin Wednesday
The Eastern Conference champion is still unknown, but the Vancouver Canucks now know the Stanley Cup finals will begin on Wednesday.
The Tampa Bay Lightning and Boston Bruins will play Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals on Friday, but the Canucks had a better regular-season record than both potential opponents, so they will host Games 1 and 2 on Wednesday and June 4, respectively.
The series will move to either Boston or Tampa for Game 3 on June 6 and Game 4 on June 8.
If necessary, Vancouver will host Game 5 on June 10 and Game 7 on June 15. Game 6 would be June 13 in either Boston or Tampa.
The Canucks finished their series against the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday, giving them eight days of rest before their next game. They have not played in the Stanley Cup finals since 1994.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- Flyers' Schenn hit with max cross-checking fine
- Blackhawks' Mayers retires after 15 seasons
- St. Louis' SO goal delivers Lightning by Wings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Vancouver Canucks Blue Spark Polo