Forward gets hurt blocking a shot
Donato was injured blocking a shot and left the game, which the Bruins won 2-1 in overtime.
Bruins coach Mike Sullivan said he hadn't spoken to the team's medical staff, but captain Joe Thornton revealed the extent of Donato's injury.
If Donato is able to return in four weeks -- and the Bruins keep winning -- he could rejoin the team's playoff run.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'keep rolling,' outlast NHL-best Blues
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- Fleury blanks Capitals as Penguins sweep
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Boston Bruins Zarley Black Crew Sweatshirt