Sharks won't have McCauley in Game 2
McCauley, the Sharks' third-leading scorer with 20 goals and 27 assists, tripped over Murray Baron's stick and went hard into the boards during the third period of Game 1. He left the game with a shoulder injury, but returned for two shifts in overtime of the Sharks' 1-0 victory.
Mark Smith took McCauley's place, suiting up for his first NHL playoff game.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Vanek helping authorities in federal probe
- Leafs hire analytics guru Dubas as asst. GM
- Stars agree to four-year deal with Roussel
- Kirilenko ends engagement to Caps' Ovechkin
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's San Jose Sharks Black Succeed Quarter-Zip Jersey Fleece Pullover