Sharks won't have McCauley in Game 2
McCauley, the Sharks' third-leading scorer with 20 goals and 27 assists, tripped over Murray Baron's stick and went hard into the boards during the third period of Game 1. He left the game with a shoulder injury, but returned for two shifts in overtime of the Sharks' 1-0 victory.
Mark Smith took McCauley's place, suiting up for his first NHL playoff game.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- Bruins win 7th straight for top spot in East
- Marleau, Pavelski power Sharks to SO win
- Blues stay on top with 3rd-period barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's San Jose Sharks Black Executive Crew Neck Sweater