Goalie appears to wrench his knee
With just over a minute remaining in the scoreless first period, Cloutier went down to stop a shot by Calgary's Oleg Saprykin. Cloutier made the initial save, then stopped Saprykin on the rebound. As the puck squirted in front of the net, Cloutier appeared to wrench his knee scrambling to knock it away.
As play continued, Cloutier was noticeably favoring his right leg, and it was only after a subsequent rush by Calgary that play was stopped. With 29.8 seconds left in the first period, Cloutier was helped off the ice and replaced by Johan Hedberg.
Cloutier, who stopped 11 shots, did not return to Sunday's 2-1 Vancouver win.
Third-stringer Alex Auld was on the bench, dressed in full gear.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Blue Jackets give Dubinsky 6-year extension
- Twin $84M Blackhawks deals for Kane, Toews
- Schneider signs multiyear deal with Devils
- Blues bring back Ott with two-year contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Vancouver Canucks Leader Navy Quarter-Zip Pullover Jacket