Canucks goalie left Game 3 early with injury
Canucks general manager Brian Burke made the announcement a day after Cloutier left the Canucks' 2-1 win over Calgary in Game 3 of a first-round playoff series.
Crawford said the Canucks would know more about Cloutier's status after a re-evaluation Tuesday. The team said only that Cloutier had a "lower body injury."
"You never like to have an injury to a key player, and Dan's a key player for us, there's no doubt about it," Crawford said. "But you've got to deal with it because they do happen."
Hedberg replaced Cloutier late in the first period Sunday after Cloutier appeared to wrench his knee scrambling to clear a puck in front of the net. Cloutier did not return to the ice and left the arena on crutches.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Twin $84M Blackhawks deals for Kane, Toews
- Schneider signs multiyear deal with Devils
- Blues bring back Ott with two-year contract
- Ducks sign winger Heatley to one-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Custom Men's Vancouver Canucks White Away Premier Jersey