Forward's lower-body injury still a problem
Sundin, the Leafs' captain, has missed three straight games since an injury to his lower body in Game 4.
He took part in Tuesday's morning skate, but Toronto coach Pat Quinn didn't expect him to play.
Sundin has a goal and three assists in four playoff games. He had 31 goals and 44 assists in 81 regular-season games.
Ottawa beat Toronto 2-1 in overtime Sunday, forcing the deciding game.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Sens' Cowen docked 2 games for blow to head
- Lightning's Panik is suspended for 2 games
- Blackhawks chase Emery, rough up Flyers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Toronto Maple Leafs Blue Traverse Fleece Jacket