Fractured hand holding defenseman back
Johnsson, the Flyers' best defenseman, was injured late in last Saturday's 3-1 series-clinching victory over defending Stanley Cup champion New Jersey. He was hit with the puck, and has a hairline fracture of the bone connecting the ring finger and wrist.
Johnsson practiced with the team this week but was ruled out after Thursday's morning skate. Forward Sami Kapanen will move to defense to replace Johnsson. The Flyers already are without defenseman Eric Desjardins for the playoffs because of a forearm injury.
Radovan Somik will take Kapanen's spot at forward.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
- Crosby fuels early flurry as Pens clip Caps
- Kings corral Flames to extend streak to 8
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Coleman Philadelphia Flyers Quad Chair With Cooler