Fractured hand holding defenseman back
Johnsson, the Flyers' best defenseman, was injured late in last Saturday's 3-1 series-clinching victory over defending Stanley Cup champion New Jersey. He was hit with the puck, and has a hairline fracture of the bone connecting the ring finger and wrist.
Johnsson practiced with the team this week but was ruled out after Thursday's morning skate. Forward Sami Kapanen will move to defense to replace Johnsson. The Flyers already are without defenseman Eric Desjardins for the playoffs because of a forearm injury.
Radovan Somik will take Kapanen's spot at forward.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- Wild re-sign winger Fontaine to 2-year deal
- Frolik remains with Jets, agrees to 1-year deal
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Philadelphia Flyers 2013 Center Ice Collection Quarter-Zip Baselayer Shirt