Chelios still out with undisclosed injury
DETROIT -- Red Wings defenseman Chris Chelios missed his third straight playoff game against Calgary on Saturday because of an undisclosed injury.
Chelios is thought to be bothered by a sore arm or shoulder, but the Red Wings will only say that he is injured.
It's believed that Chelios was hurt when he was hit by Flames forward Oleg Saprykin during Game 2. Chelios went to the dressing room right after the hit, but returned to the game.
The 42-year-old Chelios has played in 222 playoff games -- in 20 postseasons -- and trails only Larry Robinson (227) and Scott Stevens (233) among NHL defensemen. He has one assist in eight playoff games this year, and 137 points in his career, trailing only Al MacInnis among active defenseman.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ovechkin nets 4 to key Caps to SO victory
- Rangers' Callahan (knee) to miss 4-6 weeks
- Bruins prevail in Iginla's return to Calgary
- Bettman: Players learning how to hit safely
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Detroit Red Wings 2014 Winter Classic Cuffed Knit Pom Hat