Hasek practices for first time since February
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Ottawa goalie Dominik Hasek took part in the Senators' morning skate Wednesday, his first time practicing extensively since injuring his groin at the Olympics in February.
"I can feel a huge improvement," Hasek said. "I finally feel like a goalie."
Ottawa coach Bryan Murray said he wasn't prepared to give a timetable for Hasek's return, though he said Hasek would not play in Game 3 of the Senators playoff series against Buffalo on Wednesday night.
"He was quite active," Murray said. "He probably could play if he had to, but he's not going to."
The Sabres are up 2-0 in the best-of-seven series.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Steen, Blues agree to 3-year, $17.4M extension
- Pens' Engelland suspended 5 games for hit
- Blue Jackets D Prout on IR, out 2-3 weeks
- Bruins' Thornton appeals 15-game penalty
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Ottawa Senators Team Logo Grey T-Shirt