Eaves unavailable, has missed seven playoff games
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Senators forward Patrick Eaves will not play in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals against Buffalo on Thursday but may return for Game 2 on Saturday, Ottawa coach Bryan Murray said.
Eaves has missed the last seven postseason games because of a head injury he received in the second period of Game 3 of Ottawa's first-round series against Pittsburgh. He was hurt after being hit by Penguins forward Colby Armstrong.
Eaves had 14 goals and 32 points in 73 games for the Senators this season.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Letang cleared to practice after stroke
- Stars-Jackets game rescheduled for April 9
- Flyers beat Penguins for second straight day
- Sharks shrug off Rangers to win 6th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Ottawa Senators Team Logo Grey T-Shirt