RED WINGS WIN SERIES 4-2
- GAME 1: PENGUINS 0 @ WINGS 4 FINAL
- GAME 2: PENGUINS 0 @ WINGS 3 FINAL
- GAME 3: WINGS 2 @ PENGUINS 3 FINAL
- GAME 4: WINGS 2 @ PENGUINS 1 FINAL
- GAME 5: PENGUINS 4 @ WINGS 3 FINAL
- GAME 6: WINGS 3 @ PENGUINS 2 FINAL
• Defining moment: Pens' last-second scare
• Cherry/Melrose: The best team won
• MVP: Zetterberg | Crosby passes finals test
ESPN.com Research Notes
The Detroit Red Wings have now won four Stanley Cups since 1997 (1997, 1998, 2002 and 2008).
The Wings were the last team to win the Presidents' Trophy and the Stanley Cup in the same season in 2002, and they did it again this season.
Detroit handed Pittsburgh its first Stanley Cup finals series loss. They had won their other two appearances in 1991 and '92.
Who's your Conn Smythe front-runner? Will home-ice mean anything in the Cup finals? Who will win it all? Have your say here, SportsNation! Vote
ESPN.com NHL Content Archive
- Coller: Ducks are No. 1 team built to win now (1 day ago)
- Coller: Why the Penguins are Cup contenders (3 days ago)
- Vollman: Is Connor McDavid the next Eric Lindros? (3 days ago)
- Burnside: Players on their last chances in 2015-16 (4 days ago)
- Coller: Ovechkin can lead Caps to 2016 Stanley Cup (5 days ago)
- Burnside: Leafs go off script with Lou Lamoriello hiring (9 days ago)
- Coller: New teammates to watch in 2015 (9 days ago)
- Burnside: Off-ice issues create tough decisions for Bettman (10 days ago)
- Vollman: Is Sidney Crosby still the world's best hockey player? (10 days ago)
- Habs prospect Bozon already won the fight (11 days ago)
- McDonald: B's put trust in Sinden's experience (13 days ago)
- Stanley Cup finals ratings near pre-lockout levels
- Wings prove they're still winners in salary cap era
- Lidstrom becomes first Euro captain to win Cup
- Babcock questions Game 5 OT interference calls
- Wings' Holmstrom expects to return for Game 5
- Babcock, Wings agree new deal for coach coming
- On Detroit TVs, hockey surpasses hoops handily
- Penguins to open Igloo so fans can watch Game 5
- Tampering? Outdoor tilt? Bettman dishes at finals
DET/PIT Injury Report
|Tomas Holmstrom - LW - Jun 2|
Holmstrom (hamstring) will play in Game 5 on Monday, the Detroit Free Press reports.
|Johan Franzen - LW - May 25|
Franzen (concussion-like symptoms) may play in Game 2 on Monday, but is more likely to return for Game 3 or 4 in Pittsburgh, ...
|Rob Scuderi - D - May 26|
Scuderi left during the first period of Monday's game after taking a stick to the face from teammate Hal Gill.
|Philippe Boucher - D - May 22|
Boucher revealed the exact nature of his hip injury is a torn hip flexor, the Dallas Morning News reports.
|NHL Injury Report|
Finals thoughts and a fond farewell