At least three police cars set on fire after Habs' win
Cable news channel LCN caught images of the destructive celebration from a camera in a helicopter. People could be seen smashing a police car before it was set ablaze.
Montreal police spokeswoman Annie Lemieux confirmed in a statement on the department's voicemail that at least three police cars had been set on fire a few blocks away from the Bell Centre, where the Canadiens beat the Bruins 5-0.
"Many arrests have been made," Lemieux said. "Fortunately, no one seems to have been seriously injured so far."
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Kunitz, Crosby lead Pens to 6th straight win
- Kings' Jones keeps win streak going vs. Sharks
- Miller lifts Sabres to rare 2-game win streak
- Flyers stun Jackets on Giroux's 2 late goals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Montreal Canadiens Edge Red Jersey Shirt