At least three police cars set on fire after Habs' win
Cable news channel LCN caught images of the destructive celebration from a camera in a helicopter. People could be seen smashing a police car before it was set ablaze.
Montreal police spokeswoman Annie Lemieux confirmed in a statement on the department's voicemail that at least three police cars had been set on fire a few blocks away from the Bell Centre, where the Canadiens beat the Bruins 5-0.
"Many arrests have been made," Lemieux said. "Fortunately, no one seems to have been seriously injured so far."
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Vanek helping authorities in federal probe
- Leafs hire analytics guru Dubas as asst. GM
- Stars agree to four-year deal with Roussel
- Kirilenko ends engagement to Caps' Ovechkin
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Women's Montreal Candiens Marina Heathered Navy T-Shirt