Detroit's Franzen makes Stanley Cup finals debut Monday night
Franzen hadn't played since Game 1 of the Western Conference finals because of recurring headaches. He is tied with teammate Henrik Zetterberg for the NHL playoff lead with 12 goals.
Franzen was allowed to return to practice Friday and was on the ice Monday for the Red Wings' morning skate. On Sunday, he said he had been symptom-free for seven to 10 days and was awaiting permission from doctors to play.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Dineen joins Blackhawks as assistant coach
- Blue Jackets give Dubinsky 6-year extension
- Coyotes ink forward Moss to one-year deal
- Twin $84M Blackhawks deals for Kane, Toews
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's Detroit Red Wings Johan Franzen #93 Player Replica Red T-Shirt