Detroit's Franzen makes Stanley Cup finals debut Monday night
Franzen hadn't played since Game 1 of the Western Conference finals because of recurring headaches. He is tied with teammate Henrik Zetterberg for the NHL playoff lead with 12 goals.
Franzen was allowed to return to practice Friday and was on the ice Monday for the Red Wings' morning skate. On Sunday, he said he had been symptom-free for seven to 10 days and was awaiting permission from doctors to play.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- Wild re-sign winger Fontaine to 2-year deal
- Frolik remains with Jets, agrees to 1-year deal
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Detroit Red Wings Johan Franzen #93 Home Red Premier Jersey