Pereiro: 'Now I consider myself the winner'
VIGO, Spain -- Oscar Pereiro no longer thinks of himself as runner-up in the Tour de France.
"Now I consider myself the winner," he told a press conference in his hometown on Saturday.
The Tour itself renounced Floyd Landis as its champion Saturday after the second of two urine samples tested positive for higher-than-allowable levels of testosterone. Pierre Bordry, who leads the French anti-doping council, said the samples contained
synthetic testosterone, indicating that it ...
Read full story
• Pound backs French lab's credibility in Landis case
• Landis camp cries foul over latest test report
• Landis effect blamed for race cancellation
• Landis to compete at Teva Mountain Games
• French lab begins retesting 'B' sample
• Report: Protocol lapse jeopardizes case
• Landis to release 'Positively False'
• Landis won't race in France in '07
• Landis slams WADA's Pound
• Cyclist acquitted due to errors by lab
• French doping lab tightens security
• Online defense argues lab made mistakes
• Landis has hip surgery
• Landis' former team Phonak shuts down
• Armstrong: Landis said too much
• Landis' 'B' sample tests positive
• DeSimone: Panel permits retests
• Kreidler: Excuses at elevated levels
• Keown: Signs were there
• DeSimone: Dopey statements
• Thompson: Landis denies cheating
• Forde: What's left for fans?