No test can salvage Jones' tarnished legacy
I will still always remember her sitting in that news conference in Sydney, trying to tell everyone that her husband, C.J. Hunter, could be trusted, that he was a truth teller. He was trying to talk his way out of those positive doping tests, trying to spare America's golden girl guilt by association.
And nearby, there was a stranger to the public standing with them.
His name was Victor Conte.
As it turned out, he was practically part of the family.
So, Jones wanted ...
Read full story
Jones Cleared of Doping
• Assael: Drug testing is an inexact science
• Jones included on U.S. World Cup team
• Pound: Inconsistent results 'disturbing'
• Jones plans to run in Athens
• End of a long, hot doping summer
• Jones' 'B' sample negative; sprinter cleared
• Wojnarowski: Jones legacy still tarnished
• IAAF waits for test results
• Marion Jones timeline
• Jones' lawyer: Test of 'B' sample due in September
• Jones 'shocked' by positive test result
• Jones' coach confirms EPO report
• Sources: Jones tests positive for EPO
• Wojnarowski: Jones too good to be true
• Jones withdraws from Weltklasse
• Fish: Graham says he believes Jones
• EPO has tripped up cyclists, runners
• Conte speaks to ESPN The Magazine
• Hruby: Positive test excuses
• Jones reportedly fails drug test