Discussion

Officials want ban for Alberto Contador

Updated: February 15, 2011, 12:06 PM ET
Associated Press

MADRID -- Spanish cycling authorities have accepted Alberto Contador's defense that his positive Tour de France doping test resulted from eating contaminated meat, the cyclist's spokesman said Thursday.

The Spanish federation has proposed a one-year ban for Contador, rather than the standard two-year penalty, after his positive clenbuterol test at last year's Tour.

Contador spokesman Jacinto Vidarte told The Associated Press that the federation accepted Contador's contention that the ...

Read full story

Comments

You must be signed in to post a comment

Already have an account?

ESPN TOP HEADLINES

MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM