Grand Prix Series concludes in Japan
Pairs' short program
11:30 p.m. (Thursday ET)
Ladies' short program
Pairs' free skate
9 p.m. (Friday ET)
Men's short program
10:50 p.m. (Friday ET)
Ladies' free skate
9 p.m. (Saturday ET)
Men's free skate Midnight
Who will make U.S. Olympic team?
• The winner in each discipline (ladies, men's, pairs and ice dancing) at the 2006 State Farm U.S. Figure Skating Championships, Jan. 7-15, 2006, will earn an automatic berth to the 2006 U.S. Olympic Team.
• The remaining squad members in each discipline will be selected by U.S. Figure Skating's International Committee, taking into consideration the results of events in the following order of importance:
--The 2006 U.S. Championships
--The 2005 Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final
--The 2005 World Figure Skating Championships
--The most 2005 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships
--The 2005 World Junior Figure Skating Championships
--The Junior Grand Prix Final
• Skaters who do not compete in the 2006 U.S. Championships due to injury or illness, but meet the other criteria, may also be considered for selection.
• The number of competitors the U.S. will have in each discipline at the 2006 Olympic Winter Games will be determined at the 2005 World Figure Skating Championships in Moscow, Russia, March 14-20, 2005.
MORE OLYMPICS HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal