McKenzie's SO goal lifts U.S. by Canada in Four Nations final
LAKE PLACID, N.Y. -- Erica McKenzie beat Charline Labonte in the sixth round of a shootout, and Jessie Vetter stopped Meghan Agosta with a glove save to give the United States a 3-2 victory over Canada in the Four Nations Cup final Sunday.
Vetter stopped all six Canadian shots in the tiebreaker.
The United States, which beat Canada in consecutive games in April to win the world championships, ended Canada's Four Nations title run at four.
U.S. captain Natalie Darwitz Darwitz and Julie Chu scored in regulation, and Caroline Ouellette and Jayna Hefford countered for Canada. Canadian captain Hayley Wickenheiser left the game late in the first period because of a right leg injury.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE OLYMPICS HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's USA Hockey Zach Parise #9 Navy Replica T-Shirt